Saturday, June 15, 2013

Training Plans

I have a plan!!

I'm caught up on sleep. My head is clear. I've read my new issue of Runner's World and I have a plan. I decided to run the Monumental Marathon in Indianapolis on November 2nd. I researched plans...


and settled on Hal Higdon's Intermediate 2 training program. It's an 18 week plan. That gives me 2 weeks of wiggle room. I went ahead and actually planned out my runs through July. I used one of the "wiggle weeks" the week before the Johnson County Fair since I'm working Monday - Wednesday, then it will be 48+ hours of madness baking everything for the Fair. Plus, this year, my younger daughter is attending a dance intensive all week in Carmel so I will be driving her back and forth during the madness.

Here's where I'm going to get all crazy. I'm shooting for 3:55. That's 8:58 pace for 26.2 miles. I ran 8:50 pace for 13.1 miles in May. 3:55 is the Boston qualifying time for females 45-49. I have no intention of trying to run Boston in 2014. Rumor is, there will be over 250,000 people trying to
get in to a race that had 27,000 spots this year. Boston registration typically opens in October so the field will be full anyway. If I run a qualifying time in November though, it will be good for the 2015 race. It's a way crazy goal but I think it will keep me more motivated.

Coming back down to earth... I backed out on the TV spot on Indy Style on June 24th. I got a follow up e-mail asking me to do a Spam cooking demo. I was OK with talking but doing a cooking demo was just too much - plus - I don't want to demo Spam again. Once was fun. Twice was OK. I don't want to do it a third time.

Anybody else have fall marathon plans?

1 comment:

  1. ummmmm NO! no plans whatsoever...just trying to keep up a normal everyday workout plan is all I can do between kids, husband and work! Good luck with the training I know you will do great! :)

    ReplyDelete