Monday, April 24, 2017

Training Log 4/16/17 - 4/22/17 - Run for the Ivy 10K

Still working on mileage this week. The speed didn't happen like I wanted.

Sunday 4/16 - Rest

Monday 4/17 - 4 miles. Easy on the county road. I really feel like I need more road work.

Tuesday 4/18 - 6 miles. Run Club day. I had huge hopes of killing this workout but it just didn't work out that way. Part of the problem might have been that it was over 80 degrees when we started, but I mentally lost it after 3 miles of pace work. Plan was 2 mile warm up, 4 miles at 8:20 pace, then 2 mile warm down. Ran my pace miles at 8:20, 8:19, and 8:17 but felt I couldn't hold on for another mile and didn't even attempt it. Only did a mile cool down because I felt so disgusted after that and another mile didn't seem to matter. Ugly details were posted earlier HERE.

Wednesday 4/19 - 4 miles. Easy on the county road. I haven't been running with a HR monitor lately but decided to wear one today because I've felt completely wiped out lately and I wanted to see what my HR was doing. Well... HR was 116 by the time I walked down to the end of my driveway. Hadn't even started running yet. I averaged a 10:45 pace with my HR going into the 160's every time I ran over a roller. Definitely running tired today!

Went and saw the "Boston" movie in the evening.

Thursday 4/20 - 10 miles. Easy on the county roads. Started the run at 8 am and it felt WAY better than the 10 I tried last week in the afternoon. At this point I feel like I simply need more miles on my legs and lungs.

Friday 4/21 - Rest.

Saturday 4/22 - 8 miles. Run for the Ivy 10K in Columbus. Original plan was to try and run 8:00 pace. The weather report on Friday night predicted rain, 45 degree temps, and a 15 mph wind. Thankfully it was not raining the next morning. Still windy though and I ended up struggling to run in the wind. Garmin stats say it was 46 degrees with an 11 mph wind. Only did a 0.5 warm up. Maybe that was a problem too as I felt cold and my legs were really tight the whole race... and I felt a little twinge and pull start to happen in my left hamstring.

Mile 1 - 7:41
Mile 2 - 8:07
Mile 3 - 8:39. The wind was taking my breath away and I think I mentally checked out at this point and decided this was going to be a training run at best.
Mile 4 - 8:42
Mile 5 - 8:39
Mile 6 - 8:29. I kicked with 0.5 miles left in the race as there was someone in front of me I wanted to pass and hoped I didn't kick too early. Ran sub-8:00 pace the rest of the way in.
last 0.2 - 1:52.9

Official finish time 52:09.9. One of the slowest 10Ks I've run. Not too happy with the race but glad it's over. Ended up 5th in the women's race. Won the 40-49 age group but that was a gift. The top two runners got overall awards and were taken out of the age group rankings. The winner was 42 and second was 41. 1.5 mile cool down after that.

Then I felt even worse. I got cold. I felt like passing out by the time I got home. Took a hot shower and was starving but only had the energy to crawl into bed, where I stayed for the next couple hours.

photo parked here so I'll remember what year I got this medal


32 total miles this week.

Not exactly the week I'd hoped for but I got some miles in.

No comments:

Post a Comment