Monday, April 10, 2017

Training Log 4/2/17 - 4/8/17

Sunday 4/2 - 6 miles. Easy run on the Monon.

Monday 4/3 - Zero miles. Worked all day.

Tuesday 4/4 - 6 miles. Went to Run Club. Workout was 2 mile warm up, then 8 x 400m hill repeats with a 200m recovery, then 1 mile cool down. I debated whether to do the 400's or not as I don't think I'm really in any shape to be doing 400m repeats... but I ended up doing them anyway. Interestingly, the "hill" that we ran up and down amounted to less of an incline than the rollers I have to run if I do any running around my house.

Wednesday 4/5 - Zero miles. I worked out in my yard all day then went to the fitness center in the evening to try and get some miles in. One lap in my right foot was hurting and my quads were burning. I decided a run was not happening tonight. I got plenty of exercise doing yard work though!

Thursday 4/6 - 6 miles. SO did not feel like running today but made myself go to the hamster track after work in the evening. I got there just before 9 pm and they close at 10 pm. The first 3 miles felt awful and I was just plodding along. Then it occurred to me I might not get done if I didn't hurry up. I sped up and actually felt better. Got all 6 miles in plus a cool down walk lap, couple stretches, and was out the door at 9:57 pm.

Friday 4/7 - Zero miles. Worked another 12 hour day. My intention was to go to the Y and swim after work but then my husband offered to take me out to dinner for National Beer Day and that sounded much better!

Saturday 4/8 - 10 miles. I had entertained the idea of running a 5K in Columbus in the morning. However, especially after a night out, I decided that sleeping in in the morning and getting a long run in sounded better. It ended up being a beautiful day. Sunny and warm. Next thing I knew it was 7 pm and I still hadn't gotten my run in. J and I went to the walking trail at New Hope to run as it would be too dark to run on the road by the time we were done. The trail there is a half-mile paved loop with about a 100 meter uphill section. I did 20 laps. J got done with her 5 miles after I had 6.5 in and she said she'd wait til I finished all 10. At 8 miles I considered stopping as I felt bad about her waiting in the car for me, but then I started on my next lap and got over it. Glad I did it. Finally a long run!

28 miles this week.

1 comment: