Tuesday, November 3, 2015

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

So, recap from yesterday... goals were to get groceries, run, load my car with Goodwill stuff, and get the pool schedule for the Y.

The Good
I got groceries. I eyeballed the Halloween candy that was 50% off and walked away.

I ran 6 miles. It was a wonderful early evening run on the Monon Trail in T-shirt and shorts. I sailed through the miles without a problem. As I said yesterday, it was a glorious Fall day.

Get the pool schedule. Picked one up after my shower at the Y. There is basically a lap swim lane open all day long so I guess I have no excuses for not finding a time to swim.


Last night I also made my "to do" list for today. I try to do this on a regular basis as I read on multiple self-help be-a-more-efficient-person type articles that this was the thing to do.

 
So today I got up and put a chuck roast in the crock pot for dinner tonight.

My Coke Rewards (MCR) has a deal that starts today where all cap codes will be doubled. I always save all my MCR codes until they run doubles so entered my weekly maximum points using all caps this morning. They will run gift cards on sale in early December so I am racking up points for that.

I went to Jo Ann Fabrics to use a 50% off coupon for a skein of yarn for my current crochet project. I kept my blinders on and walked in and walked out with nothing else.

I went to CVS to do their Kotex deal this week. I had coupons and Extra Care Bucks (ECBs) to use so I ended up with two boxes of feminine care products for 0.99 each. They are normally 5.99, on sale for 3.99 so I was OK with paying 0.99. I haven't been couponing quite as aggressively lately so our personal care supply (i.e. shampoo, body wash, toothpaste, etc.) stash has been a wee bit low and God forbid I have to end up paying full price for something!

I wanted to try out a new bread recipe that I found on the King Arthur Flour blog about a week ago.

This was the photo from their blog post. Recipe HERE.

This is the loaf that I made.
 
I mixed up all the ingredients and went on my run during the first rise. I then put the loaf together and showered and cleaned up during the second rise. It came out of the oven 30 minutes before we had to leave for the dance studio tonight. Ate it with our chuck roast.

The Bad
Goodwill stuff did not get loaded in my car. I don't know why it's so hard for me to take stuff out of the house but it is. Part of it is that I have to list everything I am donating so we can itemize them for our taxes next year. It's just a PITA!

I did not leave CVS unscathed this morning. I walked in and there was a cart of candy marked down as a Manager's Special. 8 packs of snack size chocolate bars for 0.19. Regular price is 1.99 and it usually goes on sale everywhere for 1.00 so 0.19 is 80% off the sale price. I caved and left with 5 packages along with the feminine care products.

 
 
The Ugly
I stayed up way too late last night.
 
Another thing that all the be-a-better-person articles talk about is that the go-getters in life always get up early. Same with all the be-a-better-runner articles. They tell you to get up early and get your workout out of the way. I have tried! I'm just not a morning person. I contemplated really hard last night about going to sleep "early" to get up at 4-something this morning and meet up with a running group out at my fitness center at 5 am. At 11pm I was wide awake and decided this was not going to happen. Then, once I gave myself permission to stay up, all hell broke loose...
 
I played on the internet. I was sure Shutterfly was running a 101 free print special but usually I get an email from them but I hadn't gotten it. I perused my usual deal sites looking for the code and got distracted with other things. I found myself back at Shutterfly after 1 am thinking I would start on creating Christmas cards because at least I had codes for free cards when I found the free photo code right in front of me at the bottom of their homepage... and the code was going to expire in 45 minutes. It expired at 11:59 PST. Thank goodness I live in Indiana! I managed to load 90 photos in my cart before there was 3 minutes left and I felt I had to check out or risk the code expiring. I had a free shipping code too so 90 totally free prints. I got all the photos I needed to finish my two scrapbooks and then some. I ended up going to sleep after 3 am.
 
Well, then, as above, I ran errands, started bread, then went out the door for my run at 12:30 pm. It's 70+ degrees out. I ran the county roads by my house. Hilly and no shade. I was exhausted. It was a very ugly run. I only ran 5 miles but wanted to walk after 3 miles. I should know better. I will go to sleep at a more reasonable hour tonight!


So that was my day. Tomorrow I plan to drive out to where my trail race starts on Saturday morning so I have a clue where I am going on race morning. I will get a run in. I'm not sure where or how long as I don't have a training plan and I'm just doing this by feel right now. And I will load my car for Goodwill!


No comments:

Post a Comment