Sunday, November 15, 2015

Taking the Christmas Pledge

Life seems so much easier when you have a plan. This year I have taken the "Christmas Pledge." It's a concept I read about on another blog I follow called "The Art of Doing Stuff." Basically you plan to get all your Christmas related things done by December 1st so you can truly enjoy the season.

In my head I think about doing this every year. Don't we all? However, writing it all down in black and white makes it all so concrete. It's a plan to follow, similar to what runners do with a training plan. Here is mine. Christmas items are in red.


I don't put up decorations until a month before Christmas. The only challenge will be that I am planning to get new carpet for the living room. The tree will have to go up after the carpet is installed. Otherwise I hope everything will be done by December 1st.

I want this December to enjoy. My younger daughter is dancing the lead role of Klara in a local "Nutcracker" production the first weekend in December. I want to have time for all the Christmas crafts I've wanted to do. I want to enjoy baking Christmas goodies. I want to sit by the Christmas tree at night with a cup of tea and just gaze at the lights.

If you want to read more about the "Christmas Pledge" you can find it HERE. Karen, the woman that writes this blog, actually started doing this in 2011 and there are posts every year about it. The link is to the 2014 post that I think has everything in a nutshell. I really like her blog because, well, she's kinda like me. It's a little bit of everything...

For example, since I have the attention span of a gnat, I read about the DIY Cat Scratching Pad next and ended up making this...

 
 
Let the Holidays begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment