Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Thoughts on the Run

I was squeezing in a 10 mile run this morning in between baking and getting groceries before coming home to clean, cook some more, then prepare for the kids coming home from school and I was thinking that I hadn't blogged in awhile. There's been no time!

Then it occurred to me how crazy my new norm seems to be...

Several years ago when I decided I was actually going to do some running before running my spring half-marathon instead of rolling out of bed and just doing it as had been my history some years, I ran a long run of 10 miles every week for about 6 weeks. It was a HUGE deal getting that long run in every week. That was before I decided to actually follow a training plan and write a blog. Goodness how things have changed! Here I am "squeezing in" my second 10 miler of the week. Tomorrow I have a 20 miler to do before I go to work. I can remember the days when running 13.1 miles left me sore for days and now I'm going to run 20 miles and go to work. Crazy isn't it?!

I had a bajillion other thoughts to write about too... so more later.

Gotta run...

No comments:

Post a Comment