Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Europe Day 6: Amsterdam

Friday July 19, 2019

We drove back to Amsterdam today and checked into the Hilton DoubleTree Hotel at Centraal Station. It's a really nice hotel that overlooks the Het IJ.

Hilton DoubleTree

view from our room

We needed a rest day today. After checking in my husband and I decided to go to the Executive Lounge and just hang out there. This was one of the reasons I did the Hilton status match and got Hilton Diamond status. There are free food and drinks in the Executive Lounge. We got there around 4 pm. My husband had some work to finish up on his laptop and I got caught up on my email and the rest of my online life. We were the only ones in the lounge at 4 pm. Happy Hour is from 5-7 pm. They bring out beer, wine and hot snacks as well as desserts
that. At 5pm the place filled up. I was glad we were already camped out at a table. We stayed until almost 7, then left to meet G for dinner.

Dinner was at a vegan restaurant called The Meets. The food was delicious. I regretted eating so much at Happy Hour.


For dessert I had quite possibly the best chocolate mousse I've ever had. G had the lavender blueberry cake which was wonderful too. I got uncomfortably full.

Lavender Blueberry Cake

We rolled ourselves back to the hotel after that and passed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment