Sunday, February 7, 2016

Mission Accomplished

Paid $12.66 for everything in the photo


Several weeks ago I lamented that I needed a deal on Arm & Hammer laundry detergent but that I probably was never going to see the $1 pricing I had capitalized on in the past. Well, this is the week!! Both CVS and Walgreens have my detergent on sale for $1.99 and a $1 off coupon came out in the coupon inserts as well as online. Can't beat $0.99 laundry detergent!

I hurried my butt over to CVS this morning to pick up my stash before they ran out. CVS had bigger jugs than Walgreens. Admittedly, these are smaller than the ones I used to get for the same price years ago but still a great deal. Also on sale was the contact lens solution that my kids use.

So...
6 jugs of Arm & Hammer 50 oz laundry detergent @ $1.99 (on sale, regularly $7.49!)
2 bottles Complete solution @ $9.99, Buy 1 get 1 50% off
Total $26.92
Used 6 ($1 Arm & Hammer coupons), 2 ($3 Complete coupons), $2 ECB, $2 CVS contact lens solution coupon
Paid $10.92 + $1.74 tax = $12.66

Yay!! I'm hoping this is close to a year supply of laundry detergent. I'm really tempted to get more but I'm out of coupons now and I don't want to go totally crazy either.

Next stop was Meijer to stock up on some grab-and-go food for my family this week.

Transaction #1
8 Power Bars @ $0.90 each = $7.20
Used 2 ($2 off 4 Power Bars coupon)
Paid $3.20 and received a Catalina coupon for $2.00 off your next order from Power Bar

$3.20 plus the coupon below
 
Transaction #2
7 cans Chunky soup @ $0.99 each
1 bottle Sweet Baby Ray's dipping sauce @ $1.69
Total $8.62
Used 2 ($1 off 3 cans Chunky soup coupon), $1 Sweet Baby Ray's coupon, $2 OYNO coupon from Power Bar transaction
Paid $3.62 and received a Catalina coupon for $3 off your next order from Chunky
 
$3.62 plus the coupon below
 
 
Transaction #3
4 18-count boxes of Bagel Bites @ $2.50 each
2 cans of Pillsbury rolls @ $1.00 each
1 tube of Crest 3D White toothpaste @ $2.99
Total $14.99
Used $1 off 2 Pillsbury rolls, $2 Meijer instant coupon off 4 boxes Bagel Bites, $3 OYNO coupon from Chunky
Paid $8.99 + $0.21 tax = $9.20
 
Everything on this receipt got submitted to Saving Star. I'll get $1 back for the Pillsbury rolls, $10 credit towards spending $20 on Bagel Bites (I'll get $5 back when I hit $20), and $5 back for the Crest (it was another buy $20, get $5 offer and I had spent $17.98 already last week... which, by the way, was how I spent my $10 ECB that I had gotten from CVS several weeks ago from the Diet Coke deal).
 
Paid $9.20 for everything in the photo
 
So there you have it. That's how I spent my Sunday morning. I might end up doing the Chunky soup deal one more time and turn around and get 4 more boxes of Bagel Bites later this week if I have the freezer space. Our stand up freezer croaked a couple years ago and there are weeks that I really miss it.
 
Have a great day everyone!
 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment