Thursday, January 27, 2022

Double Double Dipping Walgreens

 


I always love a good double dip deal. It's even better when the deal item is fun. This is what fell into my lap today.

First let's talk Ibotta. This was my first double dip.
New offers loaded yesterday and I caught wind of a double dip on the Godiva Domes. Looks like if you purchase the dark pink boxes of Godiva Assorted Chocolate Domes it will count for the $1.50 offer for the Godiva Chocolate Domes AND the $1.50 offer for the Godiva Valentine's Day gift boxes. Better yet, the is a $1 bonus available if you complete both deals. Since this one item counts for both deals you will get the bonus for buying one box.

These are on sale at Walgreens this week for 2/$8 when you use your myWalgreens number at checkout - no coupon needed - you just have to be a myWalgreens member. My store did not have the sale tag up and the regular shelf price showed $4.99, however, if you buy any quantity over two they will ring up for $4 each. Since my store did not have the shelf tag I scanned the box in store with my Walgreens app before I purchased it to make sure of the price. I also scanned it in the Ibotta app to make sure it was attaching to both offers. Ibotta had a limit of 5 per offer so I bought 5.





Five boxes cost $20 but since I would be getting back $3 per box plus the $1 bonus that meant I would get $16 back. $4 for 5 boxes (80 cents a box) is a pretty good deal in and of itself and anyone with Ibotta can do this deal.

The deal got even better for me. This is my second double dip.
I had a digital spend booster in my myWalgreens account for this week for spend $18, get $5 Walgreens cash (WC). If you have one you will find it under "coupons" in your myWalgreens account and you will need to "clip" it for it to apply.


I also had a paper spend booster that spit out of the register after I made a purchase yesterday to spend some Register Rewards that were expiring. The paper spend boosters seem to print randomly and for different amounts. The one I got yesterday was spend $30, get $7 WC.

This is what a spend booster looks like.
This is not the one I used today; this one is for $6 when you spend $20


You CAN double dip on your spend boosters on one transaction if you have both a digital and paper booster. You will need to spend the higher amount of the two boosters but you will earn the WC for both boosters. In my case, if I spent $30 I would earn a total of $12 WC ($5 + $7).

With Spend Boosters your total pre-tax SPEND must be over the threshold amount. If you have Walgreens store coupons or use WC to pay, this amount will be subtracted BEFORE the threshold amount so even though I had over $30 in WC in my account, if I used it to pay for this transaction I would no longer get credit for the spend.

On the other hand, manufacturer's coupons count as a form of payment and are subtracted AFTER the threshold amount is calculated. The Godiva gave me a perfect way to spend money in the store but actually get most of my money back through Ibotta.

I needed $10 more of spend so I picked up some Compeed Blister Pads for $7.99. I had a $4 manufacturer's coupon and there is an Ibotta offer for $4 back so this would end up free. I also picked up Revlon nail clippers for $2.49 because I had a $2.50 Revlon beauty tools digital coupon in my account. This made my pre-tax pre-coupon total $30.48. I also had a $3 *Register Reward from a previous purchase that was a manufacturer's coupon so I used that.

*Register Rewards coupons can be store coupons or manufacturer's coupons. It will be written on the coupon. 

At the register the $2.50 digital, which should have adjusted to $2.49 since my items was less than $2.50, did not come off but at this point I wasn't going to worry about it. I paid $25.61 out of pocket. I got back $12.34 in WC and $20 from Ibotta meaning I MADE $6.73 for my purchase today.





Double double dip complete!
If this Ibotta offer resets this could be dangerous 😉


No comments:

Post a Comment