Thursday, December 9, 2021

Fetch Rewards


Fetch Rewards is an app based reward program I joined this week and I've been really pleased with how easy it's been to earn points.

How to Earn Points 
Super easy! Just snap a photo of your receipt - ANY receipt and you'll get points!

I received 2000 points for my first receipt after I signed up through a referral link.

You will get a minimum of 25 points for any receipt.

I actually snapped photos of every receipt I could get my hands on and I got 600 points for my next receipt, then 400, 100, and 150 points for subsequent receipts, before it started tracking at 25 points.

None of these receipts had any special offers on them. They were mainly receipts from my Walgreens purchases this week, plus receipts from Target, Kohl's, Aldi, Meijer and the gas station. Like I said, it's ANY receipt; ANY retailer!

Looks like you can get credit for receipts as far back as 14 days. Once I snapped a photo of a receipt that was outside this time window I got a notification that more or less said they would accept the receipt this time, but it was really too old to accept.

You can submit a total of 35 receipts in any rolling 7 day period.

You can also hit the DISCOVER tab on the bottom of the app and it will show you a list of items that offer bonuses. If one of those items is on your receipt you will get extra points.

One of the things I like about this rewards program is that you don't have to pick and add which bonuses you want to redeem like some of the other programs. It's all automatic. If you have a qualifying item on your receipt you will automatically get the points, no activation required.

You can also get credit for online purchases at most of the online retailers. 

For Amazon you will need to log into your account through the app but your account information is only saved locally on your phone, not in the cloud. Once I connected my Amazon account I got credit for every purchase I had made in the last 30 days. Sweet!

There is an extensive list of other online retailers on the app including the likes of Target, Walmart, Shipt, Bath and Body Works, Best Buy, DoorDash, etc. I haven't been able to take advantage of this yet because you need to provide your email and on an iOS device it only supports Gmail, AOL, Outlook or Yahoo domains; on an Android device it only supports Gmail domains. I also am not sure if I want the app looking through my email either so I'm not sure I'd enable this feature if I could.

Redeeming Points 
1000 points equals $1.00 in redemption value for most redemptions.
Redemptions start at 3000 points but it looks like most of the gift cards start at 10,000 points.

10,000 points gets you a $10 gift card at a large number of retailers.
There is also a VISA gift card option if you want more of a cash equivalent but those are more expensive, with a $10 gift card starting at 11,500 points.

The one downside to this program is that they do not have an option of cashing out your points for real cash via Paypal or a bank transfer.

Personal Experience 
Like I said, I joined this week. I immediately earned almost 8000 points by snapping photos of every receipt I had laying around. I then looked at the point boosters. The Cafe Caps and the Blue Diamond almonds caught my eye.

This is the time of year I splurge on frivolous food items. They make fun gifts, stocking stuffers... or maybe a gift for myself 😁 When a new product hits the market there are often lots of offers available and that was the case for the Cafe Caps.

The hot cocoa option goes for $8.99 and the coffehouse creation option goes for $9.99 at Meijer. Both contain 6 capsules that you dump into a cup before adding either hot milk or coffee. I seriously would never pay that much real money for these items. HOWEVER... Meijer currently has an mPerk coupon for $3 off each one. The Ibotta app also has an offer for $3 back on each one. Using both of those effectively lowers the cost to $2.99 and $3.99, respectively. Fetch Rewards then offers bonuses of 2500 points, so $2.50 in points, for each one. That doesn't make them free but it was compelling enough for me to buy them to give them a try.

For the Blue Diamond almonds, I love these 6oz cans and stock up whenever someone has them on sale for $2 or less. This week Kroger has them for $1.47 if you load a digital coupon and Fetch will give you a 750 point bonus when you buy 2 cans.

I easily earned over 10,000 points in 2 days. I will probably continue to accumulate points until one of the retailers on their gift card redemption list has a sale, then redeem my points for a free gift card to use at the sale. Case in point, I saw somewhere online one of the couponers that redeemed for $100 in Bath and Body Works gift cards for their sales this month. That would be a great double or triple dip as the items are on sale, you can use the retailer's coupons for the sale, and you pay with a free gift card.

Referral 
If you don't already use Fetch Rewards, I would love it if you would try it out by signing up with my referral code 51JURA.
You will get 2000 points with your first receipt when using my referral code.
I will get 2000 points when you snap your first receipt.

Hope you found this information helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment