Saturday, September 4, 2021

Virtual Boston Training, Week 2

Rain and cooler weather finally brought some relief this week and I was able to take some of my runs outside.

Sunday 8/29 - rest

Monday 8/30 - 10 miles. Indoor track.

Tuesday 8/31 - rest

Wednesday 9/1 - 3 miles on the road. It's amazing how much better it is outside when the humidity is below 50%!

Thursday 9/2 - 5 miles on the road. I had intentions of running 7 but I started to get little twinges of pain in my left hamstring so I cut it short. By night time my entire left upper hamstring and glute were throbbing to the point where I took a handful of ibuprofen and laid on a massager trying to rub the throb out.

Friday 9/3 - rest... well kind of. No running but I worked in the yard ALL day. Quite frankly, I wanted to give my left leg another day to recover.

Saturday 9/4 - 7 miles on the road. It was a perfect morning for a run. Cool, overcast, and spitting rain occasionally. I did start to feel a little throb in my left hamstring after 4.5 but no sharp twinges like I had on Thursday and I ran VERY conservatively.

So there you have it. 25 miles this week. 35 more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment