Tuesday, January 31, 2017

$20

I feel that I have been blessed in many ways so this year one of my goals is to try and contribute more to charitable causes using the skills that I have learned. It's easy for me to write a check but I want to do something with my skills...

As many of you know, I've couponed for over 30 years. I think I've nearly perfected the art of living on nothing. It's no longer a necessity for me but I love the game. Since I only have a family of four and we really have no need for 50 bottles of shampoo or a 100 boxes of cereal (even if it's free) I've decided to share my spoils this year and donate my finds to the local food pantry.

Goal is to donate $20 worth of goods every month, essentially sharing my good deals for that particular month. I'm not going to donate anything that I wouldn't buy for my family. Most will be the same things I buy for my family that month.

Here's my January donation...

Total spent: $19.66

(10) 14.5 oz cans of Red Gold diced tomatoes
(10) 16 oz boxes of Creamettes spaghetti noodles
(4) 64-ct boxes Kotex panty liners
(4) 18-ct boxes Kotex tampons
(3) 4-packs of Gillette Sensor 3 disposable razors
(3) bottles Suave Men's Shampoo
(3) bottles Dove Men + Care Shampoo

All of these items this month were purchased from Kroger. Regular shelf price for all of these items was $83.23. I combined weekly sale prices with additional Mega Sale discounts and coupons and paid $19.66. That amounted to a savings of over 76%.

Can't wait to see what kind of deals I'll find in February!

1 comment: