Monday, March 7, 2016

B2B Training Week 12 of 18 ... The Big Week That Wasn't

Week 12 was supposed to be another big mile week. Plan was to hit 40 miles by doing two days of 15 milers and filling in the rest with shorter runs but it didn't pan out that way.

Sunday (2/28) - Zero miles. Planned rest day. I felt like I should do something but I didn't. Did zippo all day long.

Monday (2/29) - Zero miles. I was scheduled to work from 9 am to 5:30 pm. I didn't leave work until almost 7 pm. By the time I got home I had no desire or energy to run.

Tuesday (3/1) - 3 miles. I hit the treadmill at the Y while G was at dance. I ran my first mile in 9:00 and the next two in 8:34. Then I didn't want to run anymore. I wasn't too tired and I had plenty of time but I JUST DIDN'T WANT TO! Done for the day.

Wednesday (3/2) - 15 miles. I knew I had to run long today. Fact was, I was making deals with myself even before I got out of bed on how I could do this another day. Finally I realized I HAD to do it today. Of course it was cold and gray outside. I took to the hamster track to bang it out and get home before the kids got home on their early release day. Made dinner and went to work.

Thursday (3/3) - 7 miles. Got home from work at 4 am so I laid around the house all day until I had to take G to dance then went to the Y. FINALLY felt like running. Actually had a very good run on the treadmill and felt strong.

Friday (3/4) - Zero miles. I got up at 4:30 am to go to work and never felt like I fully woke up all day. Work was busy and I had a bunch of patients test positive for influenza A. By the time I got off work, I felt a little crappy. Original plan had been to try and squeeze in a short 5 mile run after work but that didn't happen cause I got home and collapsed into a chair until it was time to drive again. By the time I got to Carmel to pick G up from dance at 8 pm, I felt REALLY crappy - achy, feverish, chest congestion, the beginnings of a sore throat...

Saturday (3/5) - Zero miles. It was supposed to be a beautiful day and I was suppose to run the Pink Power 5K in Columbus, IN at 9 am. Plan was to do about 5 miles in Columbus with the race and warms up/cool down runs, then come back home and do another hilly 10 miler. My alarm went off at 6 am and I knew immediately that that wasn't going to happen. I felt worse than Friday. I rolled over and went back to sleep. Mid-morning I crawled out of bed and considered calling one of my colleagues at work to call in a Tamiflu script for me cause I was convinced I had influenza too. Then I took some ibuprofen and talked myself out of it. I'd been vaccinated already and I really wasn't feverish... just tired and achy... and TIRED!

So there you have it.
Week 12 - 25 miles

The only advantage to feeling ill was that my family figured out I must be feeling REALLY crappy to skip my race and they were all really nice to me all weekend... like hubs actually drove the kids around and all of then picked up after themselves.

Hoping the coming week will bring me more energy, sunshine, and miles!

1 comment:

  1. Remember how hard you worked to get into this training cycle. Be good to yourself... and milk the family's sympathy!

    ReplyDelete