Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Tomorrow


It's been a month of tomorrows...

Tomorrow I will...
- eat better
- get a good run in and record it
- schedule all my overdue doctors appointments
- do my PT and strength exercises
- catch up on my email
- blog... because it's suppose to keep me accountable
- etc., etc. ....you get the picture

I've always been a procrastinator. The queen of cram. Always trying to stay just one step ahead of whatever I'm running from or towards.

Everyone told me to enjoy qualifying for Boston. No need to tell me twice. I've wallowed in it... stayed up late, slacked off on getting workouts in, eaten bad food. The scary thing is, I like it. Every day I don't do something, it gets easier and easier NOT to do it. I guess that's the fear that keeps me going because I LIKE to be able to, oh, fit into my clothes and run 10 miles without thinking about it.

So I've decided that today is my tomorrow.

I had oatmeal for breakfast. It gets boring eating oatmeal for breakfast (I add blueberries and pecans to mine) but I've found that I always feel better later in the day when I've had my oatmeal (instead of cookies.)

I saw my girl-parts doctor yesterday for my yearly checkup. It's the only doctor I manage to see on any yearly basis, mainly because I can't get my baby-away pills unless I go see her. I got weighed. I held my breath. I sighed with relief when I was still under 130 lbs (128 to be exact). I'm healthy. I was told my resting heart rate was "low" and my blood pressure was 102/70. Yea. Then it was pointed out to me that I hadn't had my "yearly" mammogram since, oh, 2012...

I scheduled a mammogram today.

I scheduled an eye doctor's appointment. I haven't seen my eye doctor since 2006 when he did my eye surgery. He knows I'm a doctor so he told he to come back "when I thought I needed to see him." He sees my husband every year. I decided I needed to see him this year. I have to renew my driver's license and I, umm, can't read drive thru menus anymore so maybe I should go see him.

I scheduled an appointment with my chiropractor. Stupid left leg pain still won't go away, even when I'm not running.

I should do my PT exercises. I promise I'll do them tonight!

I ate a relatively healthy lunch... baby greens salad with roasted beets and goat cheese, watermelon chunks, and an Einstein's asiago cheese bagel. OK, bagel wasn't the healthiest but I'm trying.

I took my daughter to dance class then hit the Monon for 6 miles...

So backtracking, I have done a little running. Three days ago it was 5 miles an hour after eating Taco Bell. Not the brightest idea of my life. Yesterday it was another 5 miles after having a "fun" meal at The Cheesecake Factory with my kids. "Fun" meaning appetizers and desserts, my two favorite courses. Yup. Felt like death. Today should have been better... but it was 1:30 in the afternoon and 80+ degrees. I got a side stitch after an 11 minute plus mile. I walked a tenth of a mile until it was gone and started running again. The stitch came back. Groan. I just kept slogging along for two more 11 minute plus miles. The stitch finally went away after the third mile. Then my hamstrings ached. So, another ugly run but I guess an ugly run is better than no run at all. I kept thinking that running in the heat is good for you because it builds blood volume or capillaries or something like that... I'll look it up when I cool off.

So it's a start. I've blogged today. I haven't signed up for any more races the rest of the year. I'm not sure what I want to do yet racing-wise.

I DO want to...
- get down to 120 lbs
- do more strength and core training
- and stay accountable!

No comments:

Post a Comment