Friday, November 21, 2014

Retail Therapy

I had to bag my run today for the second day in a row...  ugly deets to follow in my weekly update. Suffice it to say for now that my right leg is not cooperating with me this week!

After throwing in the towel again I decided to just go grocery shopping. I haven't shared a good couponing post in awhile so I thought I'd just share my deals today. Most of them didn't even need coupons. As a lot of you know, I've been a couponer most of my life. It's something I do every time I shop. Most weeks I don't even think about posting, or, more often then not, the deal is over before I get a chance to post and I'd hate to say - look what I got this week, too bad you can't get it anymore...

Keys to my shopping stategy...
- scan the weekly ad
- note the sales and pull the coupons that match the sale items
- goal is to get at least a 50% discount on most items
- make a list
- get in and get out
- above all, don't bring the kids or hubs!!

First stop - MARSH

Regular price per 12-pack $4.99. Sale price $2.50.
 
Diet Coke 12-packs are on sale this week 4 for $10. I never pay more than $2.50 a 12-pack. I was down to my last two 12-packs so I was getting nervous (yes, I'm an addict). I figured someone would run it on sale this week for Thanksgiving. Meijer was 3 for $10, Kroger was 4 for $11 so Marsh it was. I had to do 3 separate transactions to get all these. I am hoping they will last until the next sale. Usually someone will run them 4 for $10 for the following - Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Super Bowl, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day. The longest stretch seems to be from Labor Day to Thanksgiving unless one of the drug stores runs a deal in between. You have to pretty much adhere to the expiration dates for diet sodas because they will go flat. All of these cases have Jan/Feb 2015 expirations so I should be good.
 
Regular price per half gallon $7.49. Sale price $4.50.
 
Half gallons of Blue Bell ice cream were on sale for $4.50. You can get two prints of a  $1.00 coupon from www.bluebell.com once a month. This is one of our favorite brands so I always look to see who has it on sale and then print the coupon. Coupons expire one month from the date you print them. My final price for these were $3.50 each.
 


KROGER

Regular price per pound $3.99. Sale price $1.99.
 
I always stock up on butter, especially around the holidays and at fair time. This year I will be making over 40 gallons of caramel corn as gifts (I do it every year). I used to be able to find butter for $1.50 a pound but I think $1.99 is as low as it's going to go this year. I got 16 pounds to start. I will be going back for more.
 
I was thrilled to see that Kroger had it on sale this week. Butter will also be $1.99 a pound at Meijer the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I am working the night shift on Thanksgiving and Black Friday. That means I get off work at 7 am on Saturday morning. I am signed up for a 5K and 10K double in Columbus that starts at 10 am. I was trying to figure out how to manage getting off work, buying butter, and getting to Columbus in time for the race (yes, I will be trashed on race day!) but now I don't have to worry about the butter!
 
Turkey Hill 48 oz ice cream regular price $4.99. Sale price $3.00.
 
If you haven't figured it out by now, ice cream is sorta like milk and toilet paper at our house - a staple you don't want to run out of. There were $1.00 printables for the Turkey Hill ice cream at coupons.com so my final price for these were $2.00 each.
 
MEIJER
 
Regular price per box $2.49. On price drop for $2.00.
 
This was a deal I saw while shopping last week and remembered there were insert coupons out so I pulled them (10/5/14 Smart Source) for my next grocery run. Celestial Seasonings has a coupon out for $1.00 off  per box, making the final price of these boxes $1.00 each. My family likes the tea, plus they make nice gift basket items or stocking stuffers this time of year.
 
All of these deals are good until at least Thanksgiving. On the advertised deals you can also get rain checks if the store is sold out. Happy shopping!



No comments:

Post a Comment