Saturday, August 9, 2014

Jeremy Wright 5K and Week 5 and 6 Summaries

I feel like it's been one step forward and two steps back as far as running goes. This is how my life has been lately...


Yup, lots of food and not a lot of running!

Week 5 was going to be a big comeback week...

Sunday - rest
Monday - 5 miles, felt good but there was a little niggle just lateral to my right knee when I got done
Tuesday - 10 miles; ran the Low Gap Trail at Morgan Monroe... and my right knee hurt like hell every time I went downhill... so lots of ice and Motrin as soon as I got home
Wednesday - I ran less than a quarter mile and the knee started hurting again so I bagged the run and got on an exercise bike. Did 9 miles in 30 minutes then called it a day.
Thursday - 5 miles; I was a bit apprehensive about running but the knee was fine
Friday -  It went downhill from here. I was going to do 15 but didn't get out to run. Too busy finishing cakes for the fair then had to go to work.
Saturday - Same as Friday. Dropped cakes off to the fair and went to work.

Week 5 Total Miles: 20

Week 6 didn't go much better...

Sunday - worked all day
Monday - had the day off but was too tired to run
Tuesday - worked all day but got out and did 3 miles at 9 pm
Wednesday - felt horrid and bagged my run after 2 miles
Thursday - peeled myself out of bed at 4 am and met the 5 am running group at the fitness center. Did 6 miles at a descent pace. I really need to do this more often! Then I got the 90 minute massage I've been dying to have all week. It was not 90 minutes of bliss though. It was 90 minutes of "OMG I need a rag to bite on!" My legs have been killing me so I had 90 minutes of deep tissue work on just my legs. They feel somewhat better but I'm not gonna lie... they still hurt.
Friday - 5 K at 8 pm after baking all day
Saturday (today) - spent 7 hours at the fair (posting tomorrow about that!) then ran 6 miles this evening just so I'd have some miles this week!

Week 6 Total Miles: 20

So, not a lot of miles as far as marathon training goes. Heck, I haven't even run a marathon distance in 4 weeks!

I ran a 5K last night so I'd get some type of hard workout in. I had no idea how it was going to go since I've not been running well lately.

Mile 1 - 7:30
Mile 2 - 8:05
Mile 3 - 8:18
last 0.1 - 1:10

Official finish time - 25:03 (8:03 pace)

I was disappointed I didn't go under 25:00 but I was really sucking air that last mile and was going as hard as I could go. All things considered, I guess I should be happy I'm only up 26 seconds from a month ago.

Tomorrow starts a new week and I'm going for 40 miles. I also have two physical therapy appointments on the schedule for my legs. I'm back to not being able to sleep at night because of the pain so I hope PT will help!

1 comment: