Wednesday, April 16, 2014

3 More Days!

3 more days til Derby Marathon Day!

I'm working my last work shift of the week tonight. Of course it would have to be a late evening shift so I won't get home til 3-4 am... then I have to get my sleep fixed before Saturday.

So today I'm resting up for my shift and getting my marathon stuff together while I'm well rested.

First...

I have to get Stella off my bed. She's the most well rested cat I know!

Yes you! Get off my bed!

So here's what I've decided to wear...

 
Temps are suppose to be in the 40's in the morning with a high of 70. I hope to be done before it gets close to 70! I went ahead a bought a throw away jacket just in case I needed it. I hate standing around in the cold at the start. I'd have to say this is about the ugliest throw away jacket I've ever bought - but it fits, it's water repellent, it's warm, and it zips. 'Nuff said.


All the other stuff to get me through my race. Gas-X and loperamide are for the night before and morning of. Body Glide and Ben Gay in the morning. I'll go a gel every hour during the race and pick up some water and Powerade along the course. Motrin for after the race.

My Sole Sister Trena was kind enough to bring me this for after the race too!

If you want to follow my progress during the race, you can sign up for runner tracking at http://derbyfestivalmarathon.com/runner-tracking/  I am registered as HaeWon Miller and my bib number is 4695.

I'm planning an easy 2 miler tomorrow followed by one last visit to my massage therapist, then it's off to Louisville on Friday!

Am I forgetting anything? Shoes and Garmin will be packed too.

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to pack ME! I'd love to go cheer you on. I'll track you from here though, that's a cool toy. Don't over-think it or psych yourself out. Have fun. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete